CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 8, 2011

For our last weekend before the kids went back to school we had a fun day around Tahoe. We went miniature golfing, then went up to see my dad play at Embassy Suites. We went to see ZOLTAR and walked around the Marriot.  The kids really like the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks. So ever since they saw ZOLTAR at the Marriot they have been begging to go see it. So they went. They were disappointed because it gave a fortune instead of allowing you to make a wish.

I hate that summer is over already but the kids enjoy being back in school and REALLY like their teachers. Shawn got Rhiannon's 1st grade teacher. We are so happy because Mrs. Wilmett is so awesome. Rhiannon got Mrs. Culler. She seems really nice. She also is making the kids be more responsible for their homework and school stuff. Rhiannon is enjoying being a fashionista and picking out her clothes. Lillyanne gets very excited when they come home from school and just wants to play with them.

Shawn and Rhiannon had their first soccer games and they are playing really well. Rhiannon is the tiniest on her team but the most daring.  She just gets in there and gets the ball. She even volunteered to be goalie and did a really good job. Shawn is doing great too and LOVES to score.
On Labor day weekend we were given free tickets to ride the DIXIE during the paddle boat races. The kids were super excited and had so much fun. Our boat won. But they gave the trophey to the other boat. We were all confused about that and I found out later that they predetermine before the race who will win. If they are going to do that then our boat should have made it look more realistic. We were about two boat lengths in front. 
We also went up to Kahle Park again to watch the fireworks. The kids like it there. They like to play at the park and then see the fireworks from a high spot. We parked in the garage and the kids sat on the wall while my mom and I sat in chairs behind the car. It was a great view. 

I am enjoying the fact that I do not need to sign up for classes right now and am working towards building my Rodan + Fields business. [Quick Promo] ...So if any of you know of anyone that is looking for great products to make wrinkles disappear, get rid of pimples, get rid of sun damage or help sensitive skin, then I'm the gal.

Mike did a few weekends of disc golf over the summer and enjoyed getting out and doing that. I think he is relieved school is back in. He enjoyed having the extra time to spend with the kids but I think having all three at home and dealing with the fights and such were overwhelming to him. They all did have a lot of fun though and had a really good summer together.  

Well that is all for now. I always think of things I should have shared after I publish the post.