CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 21, 2010

It has been awhile and SO much has happened. I hope you don't mind I put all the photos from the past month and a half on the slide show. There are alot.  You can "x" out of the super poke cartoon thingy so it is not in the way. We have been real busy.
My last post mentioned concerns I had about Shawn being so young in kindergarten. His teacher has been communicating closely with me. She said he is doing just fine and testing above the older kids in the class. He did have a few incidents with a boy in his class that could not keep his hands to himself. He got poked in the eye and had a bad abrasion on his cornea. So we had to put ointment in his eye and keep it patched. This kid hurts alot of other students too and got suspended.
Lillyanne turned 1. We had a little party at my parents house and friends, John and Cindy came over. My mom and I made a lady bug cake. It came out cute. I can't believe she is 1.
We finally got to go on vacation and had so much fun. We went to San Diego and visited with all my aunts and cousins there. It was really nice to visit with every one. The kids had so much fun. Drew and Katie thanks for entertaining my kids. They love you guys. Our first full day there we went to the beach. The kids swam in the ocean and Rhiannon tried surfing with grandpa / papa. Shawn liked running away from the waves. We took stuff to make a fire when it got dark and roast marshmallows and make Smores. Before dessert though my Aunt Jacquee and Uncle Greg went to a place nearby and picked up pizzas. These put the pizzas here to shame. They were enormous and good. A slice was half the size of Shawn's body.

We went to Disneyland the next day. They had everything decorated for Halloween. It was the hottest day in history. Some reports say it was 113 degrees.
That explains my funky hair doo. I couldn't put in a pony tail so we had to pin it up in pig tails. The kids had alot of fun on all the rides. They are both thrill seekers. Shawn's first fast ride was Space Mountian. I thought he would cry and be scared so I was nervous. He laughed and giggled the whole ride. He had the biggest grin afterwards. So we went on the Matterhorn and Splash mountain. We did that one twice. Of course he giggle the whole time. Rhiannnon and him enjoyed getting wet with it too. When we went on "It's a Small World" Shawn was so bored. Half way through it he says, "OK I get it, It's a small world." Lillyanne got to go on quite a few rides too. She liked "It's a Small World" and pointed at everything. While we were on the Matterhorn my dad took her on "Alice and Wonderland" She didn't like it and got scared. My mom and I took the kids on Tower of Terror. I hate that ride. The first time I was holding and hiding behind Shawn so tight. Saying, "I want off, Is it over yet" Shawn was giggling. So my mom took him and Rhiannon on a second time with Drew and he got scared that time. Probably because he didn't have me holding on to him so tight.
We went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego. It was another hot day. The kids liked seeing the animals. Lillyanne was growling when ever she saw one. Rhiannon liked getting to feed the animals and have the birds land on her. Shawn wanted to see the lions, then we saw them and they were sleeping and he was done with the lions. My dad found a lizard and it hung out on my dads shirt the whole time. So it came home with us and it was Rhiannon's pet for the rest of the week. She stuck it in the container that was holding her caterpillar she found. Those two became best friends. They would cuddle. The lizard would have its arm around the caterpillar.
We went to another beach and looked for sea shells. We were supposed to go shopping afterwards but a wave got a hold of Shawn and he got all wet so Rhiannon got wet to. That same day we went over to see Aubrey and Anna (some of my other cousins) and visit with them for a little while.
We also went to the beach at La Jolla and saw the sea lions. That was fun. There was a lot of lightning that day and the waves were big.
When we got back it was my birthday and the kids made me some cards. My parents came over for lunch. Then it was back to work and school for all of us the next day.
Since we have been back it has been cold here. Lillyanne keeps getting bumps and bruises. Her face always looks beat up. Shawn and Rhiannon started swimming lessons again and it is freezing cold when they are their. But they still love it. Todays Shawn's birthday and he was so excited that I heard him in the bathroom at 4 am brushing his teeth. I put up a happy birthday sign with balloons last night for him to wake up too.  We are going to the Corely Ranch and having his birthday at our friends Cindy's house. When we had my moms surprise party there he loved it. Every one who came in he had to give them a tour of the house. So he asked her if he could have his birthday there too. Oh yeah, Rhiannon got her ears pierced this past weekend. She was so proud of her self. She did really good. We thought she would get scared and cry. She didn't. She had a smile on her face for a few days after wards. I'm sure I'm missing something. Till next time. Oh and yes that is a real scorpion in the sucker Rhiannon was eating in the slide show.